Viewbank College has Respectful Relationships as a key part of its Strategic Plan (2018 – 2021), linking with the following two overarching goals:
To enhance the wellbeing of all students
To develop a culture where students are empowered
to contribute actively in their learning, in the College
and as global citizens
In 2020, Viewbank College is a Lead School for Respectful Relationships (RR) and is in partnership with Viewbank Primary School, Rosanna Primary School, Rosanna Golf Links Primary School and St Martins of Tours Primary School.
The College pledge developed as a College community in 2018 as part of our RR implementation plan:
At Viewbank College, we are committed to building respectful relationships every day. We pledge to continue to build a respectful environment that is inclusive, positive, safe and caring, promotes empowerment and strives for equity. We will honour the diversity within our community and embrace every background, experience, gender, sexuality, ability, age, culture and religion.
“Respectful Relationships at Viewbank College is a whole school community initiative that aims to foster a positive cultural shift in a range of areas”
Setting Expectations and promoting inclusion
- To utilise the implementation of the Respectful Relationships initiative to build high expectations and promote inclusion by creating a consistent culture of respect across all classrooms and programs.
- To increase the range of pathways available to meet student learning needs (introduction of VCE Options Program 2019 -VCE/VCAL Intermediate Certificate)
Empowering students and building school pride
- To enable a whole of school focus on utilising student voice and student feedback data to review, develop and implement teaching and learning programs that reflect student interest in what and how they learn.
Intellectual engagement and self-awareness
- To use Viewbank College RR whole school approach to guide the review, development and implementation of RR curriculum;
Years 7-9 RR skills and key concepts – Health and Physical Education Domain (2020)
Years 10-12 skills and key concepts – English and Humanities Domains (2020)
Whole school approach to RR
skills and strategies
Networks with schools, services and agencies
- To mentor other schools in our community and share practice excellence in RR and related areas
|Darren Murray||Acting Assistant Principal|
|Peter Sismanes and Moya Richardson||Respectful Relationships Leaders|
|Imogen Hetherington||Student Health and Wellbeing Captain|