Students are expected to be in full school uniform during school hours and when travelling to and from school.
Viewbank College Uniform
The College has a strict uniform policy. Students are expected to be in full school uniform during school hours and when travelling to and from school. If an outer garmet is required, the item students must wear is the blazer. The Spray Jacket is part of the PE uniform and is only to be worn with the College Uniform when it is raining. Jumpers should be worn under the blazer and are not to be worn as the outer garment when travelling to and from school.
The College has two Uniform Suppliers (see below):
218 Settlement Road, Thomastown
Phone : 9464 7555
Opening hours Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm and Saturday 9.00am – 2pm
Please note: Due to current Covid-19 situation and to manage the number of people in the shop – please call 9464 7555 to make an appointment – if students require fitting of winter uniform.
Noone Imageware (Stewarts of Ivanhoe) has a Uniform Shop on campus. It is currently closed until further notice – due to the COVID-19 situation.
Second-hand Uniform Trading
The College is conscious of the need to provide an efficient process for families to be able to buy and sell second-hand uniforms and other student resources. We are delighted to inform you of the College’s initiative to provide parents with the ability to trade these second-hand items via the Sustainable School Shop. www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au
The service provides access to second-hand uniforms, calculators, musical equipment, etc all year. Results from other schools have been excellent and families have enjoyed a more comprehensive and convenient method of trading these items; many schools use this service.
For the best results:
- Register on the Sustainable School Shop website
- List your secondhand uniform items for sale
- List wanted ads for those items you are looking to buy
- The College’s uniform lists are loaded into the system to make listing ads easy
- The system matches the ads of buyers with sellers and notifies the buyer via email
- Buyers contact sellers and arrange where and when to trade.
- The school is not involved in the transaction
- Parents are well supported via Sustainable School Shop’s telephone
(0438 743 444) and email help lines
- The system is simple and easy to use – If you don’t have a computer, internet access or an email address, please call the Sustainable School Shop for assistance
Once an annual subscription expires families are offered three levels of access:
- Search only – registering/logging-in on the Sustainable School Shop, searching all the for sale ads and gaining the sellers’ contact details is free.
- Single items cost $1.50 to be advertised
- Subscription – an annual subscription costs $21.95 and is the most anyone will pay. These are taken by families who have many items to advertise.
We are very excited about this new initiative and we hope you will make the most of this opportunity and gain the benefit from recycling your student’s school items.
On this website you can see the second-hand uniform items currently for sale on the Sustainable School Shop, by viewing the Stocktake Report: http://www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au/stocktake/viewbank-college